Our Office Location
20 South Clark Street
Chicago, IL 60603
Illinois Consumer Rights Attorneys
Cook County, Illinois, Debt Collection – Your Consumer Rights Lawyers
The law firm of Edelman, Combs, Latturner & Goodwin, LLC, advocates on behalf of consumers who have been wronged by creditors, advertisers, banks and lenders, collection agencies, car dealers, credit card issuers and landlords.
Consumers, tenants and debtors are invited to fax collection letters and loan documents to 312-419-0379. Or you may contact Edelman, Combs, Latturner & Goodwin, LLC, for a free consultation regarding your consumer rights.
- Are you being harassed by a debt collector? There are strict regulations governing debt collection practices. Know your rights.
- Are you being sued by a debt buyer? Debt buying is a fast-growing business. Often, these debts are found to be undocumented or illegally enforced by the debt buyer.
- Has your car been repossessed? You should be sent certain notices before your car is to be repossessed. You also should be aware of your rights when initially purchasing a car.
Mortgages and Payday Loans
- Do you have a problem with your mortgage?
- Are you a victim of a predatory mortgage lender? We represent borrowers who have claims against lenders who have violated the Truth in Lending Act and other laws regulating credit transactions.
- Are you having problems with a payday loan, title loan or other high interest loan? Under the federal Truth in Lending Act, all lenders, including payday loan companies, are required to disclose the true costs of a loan.
- Are there errors on your credit report? The Fair Credit Reporting Act of 1970 protects your credit reporting rights, by requiring that consumer reporting agencies furnish correct and complete information. Having an accurate credit report is important, especially when it comes to avoiding employment background check errors. Know your rights. Please see our Consumers Guide to Credit Reporting.
Other Consumer Protection Issues
- Are you a victim of identity theft?
- Are you receiving unwanted telemarketing calls, junk faxes, text messages and e-mails? The Telephone Consumer Protection Act of 1991 and other laws regulate unwanted telemarketing calls and junk faxes.
Wage and Hour Class Action Cases
- Are you entitled to unpaid overtime and other wages? Federal and state laws require payment of overtime (one and one-half times hourly wages) to all nonexempt employees. If you think your employer is not in compliance, you may have a wage claim.
Contact a Cook County, Illinois, debt collection rights lawyer at Edelman, Combs, Latturner & Goodwin, LLC, in Chicago, to schedule a free consultation. Please fax collection letters and other documentary evidence of possible illegal business activity to us at 312-419-0379. We handle many cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning you pay no fee until we recover compensation for you.
The consumer protection and class action lawyers of Edelman, Combs, Latturner & Goodwin, LLC, represent clients throughout Illinois, and in federal courts in Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana, and Michigan, and will consider substantial cases in other jurisdictions.