Our Office Location
20 South Clark Street
Chicago, IL 60603
Do You Have a Problem With Your Mortgage?
Chicago Mortgage Company Errors Attorneys
Illinois Consumer Rights Lawyers
The lawyers at Edelman, Combs, Latturner & Goodwin, LLC, can help you put an end to the endless runaround many consumers face when attempting to solve a problem with their mortgage companies.
Lately the large mortgage companies seem to be making more errors than ever and when consumers try to get those errors corrected on their own, they are faced with what seems to be a brick wall. We can help you break down that wall!
If you are having a problem with your mortgage company that you have been unable to solve on your own, contact our Chicago mortgage company errors attorneys for a free case evaluation. We offer a contingency basis for most cases.
The Chicago law firm of Edelman, Combs, Latturner & Goodwin, LLC, handles many types of cases against mortgage companies including:
- Improper handling of escrow accounts, including setting escrow payments too high, failing to pay for taxes or insurance, or other errors
- Improper credit reporting by mortgage companies
- Damage to credit scores caused by mortgage companies reporting false information about your payment history to the credit bureaus
- Problems caused by attempts to obtain a loan modification, including the failure to provide a written notice of the denial of a loan modification application, or damage to your credit score caused by improper credit reporting during a loan modification
- Failure to properly credit payments in a timely manner
- Adding unfair or unauthorized fees to your payments or loan balance
- Unfair practices in connection with delinquent mortgages, including demanding foreclosure fees and expenses that have not yet been incurred
- Predatory refinancing practices
- Mortgage foreclosure defense when the borrower has a good defense
- Failure of mortgage companies to correct errors or respond to qualified written requests from homeowners
- Harassing you with collection calls when you are not behind on payments
Our lawyers are not afraid to take on the largest mortgage companies, including Bank of America, Chase Home Finance, Wells Fargo, Homeward Residential, Ocwen and Citicorp.
If you have a good claim, our lawyers can file suit on your behalf to force the mortgage company to correct the error, and may be able to obtain money damages for you as well. If your mortgage company is refusing to listen to you and correct its errors, you need our tough, experienced lawyers on your side.
New Laws Protecting Mortgage Borrowers
Although now is a difficult time for many homeowners, the good news is that Congress has recently strengthened the consumer protection laws that apply to mortgage loans. Some of the unfair mortgage practices our law firm has been fighting for years will be illegal under the new laws.
New disclosure laws are also in place, and mortgage companies have to provide a new, more informative version of the good faith estimate when they apply for a loan. It will now be easier to pursue mortgage companies who attempt to increase the charges listed on the good faith estimate at the closing. If you have recently obtained a new mortgage loan or refinanced a mortgage loan and believe you may have been the victim of an unfair practice, contact our firm for a free consultation.
Predatory Mortgage? Contact a Lawyer
Learn whether you have been made a victim of predatory mortgage lending. Please contact us for an Illinois consumer rights lawyer to review your loan documents, demand collection letters, correspondence, and any account histories or monthly statements. We offer free case evaluations.
The consumer protection and class action lawyers of Edelman, Combs, Latturner & Goodwin, LLC, represent clients throughout Illinois, and in federal courts in Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana, and Michigan, and will consider substantial cases in other jurisdictions.